Photo blogs are a little difficult to design well. I guess if you know how to work a camera and write HTML they might be easy, but most of us don’t live in that world. Most blog templates are not made for large images or slideshows. And although you can have a site designed specifically for you, that is super spendy and not always easy to update–and you know we need to be able to update all the time!
As a result many, many photographers use ProPhoto for their blog template. But you can’t tell because they are so unbelievably customizable! No two look the same, but they all look cool! And now Prophoto is releasing version 3, which improves the already good version two by leaps and bounds. I have been beta testing it, so check out my blog and let me know what you think.
Here are some of my favorite changes:
1. You can have slide shows in your posts! (I have alternated and I would be so interested to hear if folks like all the photos laid out or slideshows better)
2. You can automatically watermark you photos as they are inserted. You have NO idea how much time that saves!
3. You can access twitter feeds and facebook from the blog now.
4. You can easily write comments between photos, seems like a little thing, but it was really tough to do before!
5. Most anything on your blog can be any size, color, or style–the things you can customize are seemingly endless. Therefore you can easily develop a signature look that distinguishes your blog from the rest, despite the number of photographers using the template.
And, I should mention that Jared and the others at Prophoto really know something about customer service. They have been a pleasure to deal with, before and after the beta test.
I am still discovering all that can be done to make the blog my own. So come back regularly and check out the new controls that I have discovered in the blog’s “backroom.”
Hope everyone had a wonderful holiday!